The Captiva Erosion Prevention District (CEPD) is a beach and shore preservation district under the Laws of Florida Chapter 2000-399 and shall exercise powers and duties of a beach and shore preservation authority and independent special district. The boundaries of the District include all of Captiva Island from the centerline of Blind Pass to the centerline of Redfish Pass and extend 300 feet into the Gulf of Mexico and Pine Island Sound.
The CEPD Board of Commissioners powers include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute a logical and suitable program for comprehensive beach and shore preservation.
- Construct, reconstruct, or improve erosion prevention projects in and for the District.
- Borrow funds.
- Exercise the power of eminent domain.
- Exercise jurisdiction, control, and supervision over the construction of any erosion prevention project within the District and to make and enforce such rules and regulations for the maintenance and operation of any such projects.
- Restrain, enjoin, or otherwise prevent any person, firm, or corporation, public or private, from establishing or constructing any erosion prevention project within the District without the prior written approval of the District Board.
- Contract for services of engineers, attorney, accountants, financial or other consultants, and such other agents and employees as the District Board may require.
- Enter upon private property for purposes of making surveys, soundings, drillings, and examinations.
- Levy and assess an ad valorem tax to pay for maintenance, operation, and corporate purposes.
- Levy special assessments upon benefitted property for the construction or reconstruction of an erosion prevention project.
|Information||Where to find it|
|Legal Name Cited||Captiva Erosion Prevention District|
|Contact Information On File|
PO Box 365, Captiva, FL, 33924
11513 Andy Rosse Lane, 3rd Floor, Unit 4, Captiva, FL, 33924
|Public Purpose Statement||Legislative Authority|
|District Map||Captiva, FL|
|Services Description||CEPD Services|
|Special District Charter and Statutes||Enabling Legislation|
|Code of Ethics||Code of Ethics|
|Fiscal Year Audit Report||Audit Report - 2019|
|Financial Reporting Link||Florida Department of Financial Services--Local Government Financial Reporting website|
|Budgets||Budget - FY 2019/2020|
|Board Meetings||Board Meetings|