The Captiva Erosion Prevention District (CEPD) is looking for a smart, reliable, and responsible Administrative Director. This is an in office position that will be responsible for all office administration and clerical duties listed below. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are vital for success in this role.
The Administrative Director reports to the Executive Director and performs all duties in accordance with the CEPD policies and procedures.
The position will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Providing board meeting support.
- Developing each meeting agenda with the Board Chairman and Executive Director.
- Compiling and distributing board meeting materials.
- Publishing legal notices and various related advertisements pursuant to state and local law to ensure public meetings meet statutory requirements.
- Attending all board meetings (onsite and offsite) and taking meeting minutes.
- Managing the daily mail operation.
- Overseeing the board election process, including preparation of necessary legal advertisements, and preparation of necessary forms for qualifying and maintaining legally required reports of candidates.
- Assisting with budget preparation and annual tax roll processing.
- Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operational efficiency and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Assuring accuracy of information processed for distribution and compliance with all applicable statutes.
- Keeping abreast of, and recommending changes to, all aspects of the agency’s processes, including proposed changes or amendments to the operating standards, assessing the impact of changes on current policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintaining legal and official agency documents; serving as custodian of official agency records and correspondence; providing access to public records; processing requests for public records.
- Managing/overseeing the look and feel and content of the CEPD website, creating content, or coordinating the creation of content for the website.
- Performing special projects at the direction of the CEPD Executive Director.
- Coordinating legal functions, such as submission of financial disclosures by commissioners, legal review by the CEPD Attorney, and public communications.
- Performing technical administration functions as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Hiring Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have exceptional talent in each of the following areas:
- Communication and presentation.
- Interfacing with the general public.
- Office management and administration.
- Providing general administrative support to multiple personnel.
- Scope, plan and execute small-scale projects.
- Address ad-hoc requests successfully.
- Generally acceptable book-keeping accounting practices.
- Social networking, Microsoft Office, website management, project management software, and digital document management.
- A minimum of five years of a recent experience that demonstrates progressively increasing responsibilities in office administration, customer interface, and management.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent experience in successful small-scale project management.
- Some exposure to the coastal management industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration or equivalent degree/experience.